Roasted Pomegranate Chicken
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) chicken, quartered
1 pomegranate, halved
1/4 cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a cup, mix oil and garlic. Brush garlic oil over chicken.
Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle any remaining oil over chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, basting several times with pan juices, until skin is browned and juices run clear when a thigh is pierced at thickest part with a fork.
Remove 1 tablespoon seeds from pomegranate. Set aside for garnish. Squeeze juice form remaining pomegranate through a sieve into a small bowl.
In a small non-reactive saucepan, mix pomegranate juice, wine, lemon juice, and cinnamon sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer roasted chicken to a serving platter and pierce each piece several times. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings
- BBQ Meatloaf Aussie Style
- Baked Risotto Primavera
- Bay Scallops in Puff Pastry with Lobster Cream Sauce
- Peter's Burgundy Jerky
- Chicken Breasts with Capers
- Chicken Marsala
- Jambalaya Fettuccine
- Pasta Alla Posillipo (Pasta with Mixed Seafood)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
- Peppered Ahi Tuna with Oyster Mushrooms and Port Wine
- Spicy Rioja Potatoes (Patatas a la Riojana)
- Raspberry Chicken
- San Francisco-Style Cioppino
- Roasted Pomegranate Chicken
- Rice with Spinach and Feta Cheese